Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"My Soul Proclaims the Greatness of the Lord:" A Marian Post Roundup

Feast of the Annunciation artwork, Feast of the Immaculate Conception artwork, Advent meditations on Mary, Catholic stories about Mary, Marian Consecration stories, Marian consecration, Catholic weddings, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic bride blog, catholic marriage prep, catholic wedding planning, catholic love stories, feast of the presentation, what is marian consecration, feminine genius, catholic brides, captive the heart

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception, y'all.  Mary, under this title, is the patroness of my alma mater (and I know I'm biased, but really, given the name, the history, and the saintly children of Our Lady who've walked the grounds--Elizabeth Ann Seton being one of them--is there a school out there more suited to the term "loving mother?), and on this day in the past few years, I've had several extraordinary, transcendent times that bore tremendous joy and one exceedingly crappy, spiritual warfare-ridden time that ended in a breakdown.  Each of them, I know, regardless of my emotional state, has been the result of binding myself to our mother in Heaven (more on that below), a promise that has borne such fruit in my spiritual life and my marriage and that I'd never take back, even when the battles are on.

So between those things, this day of Mary's conception, the day she was formed to crush the head of evil and to illuminate our path to her son, is one of the most meaningful days in the Church for me.  In honor of her, to whom I'm immeasurably grateful to belong entirely,  here's a collection of posts from the archives on all things Marian:

In which I call Mary a badass (sorry, just trying to capture the right sentiment!), and why there's nothing more beautiful than a man in love with Our Lady






What about you?  I'd love to know what this day means to your spirituality and how you're walking with Our Lady this Advent!  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...