Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pregnancy Updates


I'm 39 weeks now!  My little one, who is seriously not feeling little at all these days (hello there, tiny, cute foot lodged in my rib cage), weighs over 7.5 pounds now, according to my books (Andrew's family has a history of 10+ pound babies, and I was 8 myself, so I'm trying to avoid the anxiety of actually knowing my baby's size right now). He's behaving pretty much like he will as a newborn--sucking his thumb, spending longer times sleeping, and practicing inhaling and exhaling like a champ.  We are getting more and more excited to meet him and I've been amazed with how my heart just continues to grow and be pierced with love for someone I haven't even laid eyes on yet!  

A few friends had been asking me if I'd had any Braxton-Hicks contractions yet, and since I didn't know what to expect (ha), I could honestly say I wasn't sure if I'd experienced them or not.  A few weeks ago, my doubts were put to rest when I stood up at work and got a really strong, menstrual cramp-ish feeling that lasted about a minute.  I was convinced, for a moment, I was going into labor!  

Then, a few nights ago on the home front, I started having a few actual contractions that came and went for most of the night, around the same time all the mucus and fluids decided to show themselves (thanks, NFP, for letting me actually get excited about mucus).  I stayed home from work yesterday, but did make it to my already scheduled appointment with the midwife.  According to her, the hormones that cause labor are at their highest levels between midnight and 5:00 a.m.--that definitely sounded like my case!  She recommended just keeping up with my routine until things seem to progress or intensify, so who knows what could happen in the next few days or so! 

Although I don't have any expectations or preconceptions of how Andrew and I will be together while I'm giving birth, I've had a strong sense lately that it's going to feel like the most major thing we've ever done.  Stating the obvious, maybe, but it's just some sort of feeling on a deeper level than I've had before now.  My husband is such a great dad already, talking constantly to our son and taking care of me (and by extension, him) so wonderfully.  I know I'm about to fall way deeper in love in a completely new way.  Here are a few photo updates!



This picture is from 32 weeks, I think.  Which is to say, my belly is even bigger now...


...See?  37 weeks.



 I've loved getting all of the sweet little baby clothes and things ready!


Apple picking with Andrew's family, as my husband teaches his son how to flex.


My friend Beth is 6 weeks behind me, and it's been so wonderful sharing our pregnancies!  Here we are with our friend Teresa at my baby shower...


...and at hers!


And now my bag is packed and all that feels left to do is wait to hold this sweet baby in my arms!  Pray for me, please!







11 comments:

  1. Prayers! So excited for you and to see pictures of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! So exciting, and I love all of the pictures! And those hats...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I seriously cannot handle the cuteness of the picture of you and Andrew (Will did the same thing when Tony was born!), and the double bump picture of you and your friend. I'm so excited to hear about your birth experience, and so excited to "meet" your precious baby boy!! Lots and lots of prayers being sent your way for a safe (and quick!) delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you and your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking great! And I can tell you that having a baby will transform your married love in a whole new way. Anxiously waiting to hear the good news of his arrival! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for mucus! I'm predicting a delivery within three days at the most! You are going to do wonderfully, and I bet that you and Andrew will find new wells of strength and love for each other as you bring this baby into the world and he supports you through it. It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you shared this! I was starting to think I should email you because I knew you were getting close to the due date. So excited for you! You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pictures! Prayers for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring socks and a zip-up sweatshirt (I took Will's); I was freezing at the hospital! (Especially if you're getting an epidural.) I also recommend bringing your own pillow.

    Love those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The apple pickin' picture is ze best! And you'll love the A&A swaddles. They are amazing. They are my everything -- nursing cover, swaddle, and spit up rag. I'd rather just keep one item for all those things in my purse rather than three. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear new of his arrival! I will be praying for all of three of you over these next few days! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...