Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Spirit Rejoices: Beyond the Blue

{sweet sounds for your Mass and reception}


josh garrels lyrics, beyond the blue lyrics, beyond the blue wedding song, josh garrels wedding song, josh garrels love song, catholic wedding, catholic marriage blogs, catholic bride
A few years ago, my friend Sara introduced me to a musician who skateboards, raps,lives in a cabin, and writes the most amazingly beautiful spiritual, poetic songs.  Josh Garrels cuts deep into my soul and is one of my absolute favorites.  Until I heard his song Beyond the Blue on a friend's wedding website, I never thought how perfect it'd be for a first dance.  First of all, there's this verse:


Yellow and gold as the new days dawns
Like a virgin unveiled who waited so long
to dance and rejoice and sing her song
And to rest in the arms of a love so strong.

It's such a beautiful image, I think, of both divine and earthly marriage.  What's more, the other lyrics in this song speak so deeply to redemption in Christ, hope in the new, and communion--so wedding-day appropriate, no?  I'm tempted to write out all of the words here because it's so hard to isolate a single good example and every line is so good, but since that'd be redundant, just go listen for yourself!

What do you think?  Any other Josh fans out there?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my kind of musician! I am going to have to check him out asap. Just thought I'd let you know that I have tagged you in a little post over on my blog, if you would like to participate? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...