Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Like A Lily: Erika

{what she wears}

I have totally found a friend and combination of style twin (we share a love of J. Crew and brights) and style idol (on days when I don't put much effort in) in Erika of Stethoscopes, Style & Grace.  She's become a frequent contributor to Captive the Heart (click here to read her love story, and here and here for gorgeous, easy DIYs), and I'm so happy to share her wedding-day picks with you today!  So in love with the mint and pink palette with vintage touches that Erika chose.


Here's Erika's take on these lovelies:

I had so much fun creating a wedding inspiration board for Stephanie! I got married last August, and some of the pictures I chose are reminiscent of my wedding day, like the colorful flowers and rosary in the bride's bouquet, while others are things that I would choose if I got to marry my husband all over again, like the J. Crew gown and pink shoes.

For the wedding dress, I chose a simple and classy J. Crew gown with sheer cap sleeves and a swiss dot patternI think that if this dress had been available last year when I was looking for a wedding gown it would have been top contender!  I completed the look with bright pink shoes and sparkly vintage earrings. We decided on classic black tuxes for our wedding, but I like the look and uniqueness of the groom and groomsmen in gray suits. Sleeves or straps were important to me on my gown as well as the bridesmaids' dresses, and I think the mint chiffon bridesmaid dress is so pretty and definitely something that they could wear again. The colorful flowers add a nice punch and the rosary in the bride's bouquet is such a sweet tribute to Mary.
Erika's Style:
Describe your personal style in 5 words.  Preppy, pink, classy, pretty, chic

What's the secret to punching up an outfit on the days when you're tired of everything in your closet? Add a fun scarf! They're an inexpensive way to dress up any outfit and with all of the unique options (try Etsy!), they're also a great way to express your personal style.

Wardobe essentials: blazers, a great pair of brown boots, nude heels, a few button downs (white, chambray, gingham), colorful pencil skirts, and a perfectly-fitting pair of jeans. 

Most recent purchases: a couple things in Chicago from a recent trip with my husband: a drapey pink t-shirt on sale at Anthropologie and a bright red floral scarf from Zara.

Favorite nail color: Ladylike by Essie, a sweet mauve/lavender color (I rarely paint my nails and my sister gets the credit for discovering this color).

Favorite Shoes:  the Vera Wang navy blue jeweled ballet flats that I wore for my wedding. They were my dream wedding shoes and I found them pre-owned on Ebay.

Signature Fragrance:  Chanel Mademoiselle, a gift from my husband.
Every girl has days when she struggles with her looks and her worth.  What do you do to remind yourself you're a beloved, beautiful daughter of the King? I remember the times that my husband has told me that I'm beautiful, and spend a little extra time on my make-up and picking out an outfit that I feel good in.

Item you can't live without: The pearl earrings that my husband gave me as a wedding gift...I've only taken them off a few times since our wedding day.


How can a bride reflect her everyday style in her wedding day style? Be true to yourself and your style, and make sure you're comfortable! I knew from the beginning that I wanted a lace dress with cap sleeves and buttons down the back. It took me almost a year to find it, but I'm  happy that I didn't compromise and I loved every second that I wore it on my wedding day.

Fashion, evangelization, and the Feminine Genius: your thoughts? We can be such a great Christian example in the way that we dress. By wearing things that are classy, pretty, and make us feel great, we can truly reflect Christ and the unique beauty that He gave each and every one of us as women. 

As a fellow pearl earring lover, I couldn't agree more with any of Erika's advice!  Show her some love in the comments, and be sure to visit her blog!

Want to share your style picks on Captive the Heart?  Email me at stephanie.captivetheheart@gmail.com!
   

4 comments:

  1. I love the mint chiffon bridesmaid dress! Is it from JCrew too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Beth! I actually found the bridesmaid dress on Pinterest, but I did some digging for you and it's from shopsosie.com :) The original source for the picture I found is here: http://www.kerryjune.com/2012/08/wedding-day-details.html

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...