Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Five Favorites, Volume 2

Lately loved...


A Piece of Toast: I have to admit, I am not the biggest lover of the Lifestyle Blog.  Lots of fancy, expensive things, lots of illusions about cultivating the perfect life, lots of the same stuff on multiple blogs.  But, I can't get enough of Molly and Sally's (they're sisters and best friends!) understatedly cool taste in fashion and decor (please come dress me), love of doing their own manicures, and best of all, their candid, honest voices.  Definitely something different about these two.  Go read.  You'll love it.

Lost: Another admission: even as the weather has gotten all breezy and warm and perfect, Andrew and I have spent at least 3 hours a day, for the past 2 months, glued to Netflix.  I watched the first few seasons of the show when it was on TV, but didn't really keep up with it when I went to college.  Now, it's such a thrill (and seriously addictive) to catch up and see most episodes for the first time.  Amazingly compelling characters, tons of cliffhangers, and enough literary and philosophical stuff for our dorky selves to chew on for hours.  Oh, and don't worry; we do make sure to go on a walk or bike ride every day.  No hermits here.

Rainbow Light Prenatal Ones: So far, I've been incredibly blessed with an easy pregnancy.  No nausea or morning sickness in my first trimester, and though I definitely took my share of naps in the beginning, I wasn't too fatigued most days.  I have to wonder if these vitamins, which I started taking a few months before Baby took up residence, factored in.  A friend of mine who knows tons about pregnancy recommended that I take a prenatal vitamin that went a little beyond the drugstore gummy variety, tempting as they may be, and I did tons of research, probably more than was necessary, before settling on these.  It's a vitamin that's entirely food-based, meaning it's very easy to digest and the nutrients are in the most bioavailable form (meaning most usable by your body), and there are even ingredients like ginger to counter morning sickness.  No judgment, of course, if you have a formula that works for you, but if you're newly pregnant or planning on it, I have no complaints at all about these!

Divine Mercy: Around the time I was interviewing for my missionary year after college, I heard a homily around Divine Mercy Sunday about how the Lord's mercy isn't just about forgiveness, but about His deep, personal love for us, specifically in the sense of His exact will for our lives.  I loved seeing the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, which I'd never had a devotion to before then, in light of learning to trust in Jesus more and more deeply.  I started praying the Chaplet every day during my interview process, and was rewarded with deep peace that this was what I was called to.  Now, a few years later as I go through another round of job interviews in preparation for moving, the Chaplet has been a saving grace, a wonderful consolation amidst my impatience and what I've realized is my own desire to have everything in control.  My potential opportunities right now don't feel as vocational, exactly, but I am beginning to get that same sense of peace and surrender.  Join me in praying?

Rikshaw Designs: In the warmer months, my style starts to lean in a much more hippie direction, mostly because I prefer nice, breezy, loose dresses over more structured, constricting clothing (I expect that'l be amplified even more this summer as my belly grows!).  I've fallen hard for the gorgeous, hand-printed kurtas by Rikshaw, a longtime clothes crush of mine.  I think I might finally invest in a tunic to wear as a cover-up and simple top.  They have gorgeous bedding, for adults and babies, too!

Visit Hallie and the ladies at Moxie Wife for more roundups of other bloggers' favorites!


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm glad you found the Rainbow prenatals. I think they're the best too! I'm kind of jealous that you're in the thick of first time Lost viewing; those were happy days ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've cut down on our episodes-per-night just because we want to drag out the end of the show!

      Delete
  2. Props to you! I tried those Rainbow prenatals. They made me gag every single time I tried to swallow them. No matter what I did, I could not get them down. So, it is the gummy ones for this girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Well gummies are totally delicious so enjoy =)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Rikshaw tunics...NOW I'm so looking into/drooling over them as a lightweight nursing-friendly shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too used the Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins for both babes and while nursing! They are a bit on the horse-pill side but those puppies helped me grow two very healthy babies! Congrats on your lil one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Colleen! Most vitamins I've taken in the past have been similarly huge, so these weren't a huge adjustment, but if it helps then all the better =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...