Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Volume 21

{story of a soul, condensed}

Visit Conversion Diary for more quick takes!

{1} Memorial Day Weekend quietly, oh-so-politely snuck up on me, and I was so glad to learn just on Wednesday that I'll have a three day weekend!  We have plans to go on a long hike, spend plenty of time reading in bed with the windows open, and will probably end up grilling with our friends at some point.  I'd love to know what you're up to!

{2} Depending on how patient I'm feeling, I also aim to include mastering this into the next few days.  My hair is layered, so it's fickle when it comes to French braids, never mind my serious lack of French-braiding skills in the first place, but I think it's finally long enough to give them another whirl.  Here's hoping!  P.S.  Isn't Julia the prettiest?

{3} I ask your continued prayers for Andrew, our baby, and I as we prepare for our move next month.  I've had a few job interviews that have gone well, and am now just trying to be patient with how they turn out.  I think because I was unemployed for almost a year after we got married, finding work is a huge fear of mine, but I'm trying so hard not to let it define me.  I get the sense that the Lord is drawing us out into the desert, as He already has so many times in this process (and He's also undeservedly, abundantly rewarded us so many times), and is asking me to humble myself and just give up every desire I have for control.

{4} I had a delicious bowl of corn chowder from Panera this week, and in the interest of not bankrupting us with daily lunches out, we found a recipe and made it at home.  So, so summery and so easy!

{5} Alright, mamas.  I need to find a maternity bathing suit.  My go-tos for swimsuits, Lands End and J. Crew, have failed me, maybe because a lot of pregnant women seem to just wear bikinis.  I'm a tankini girl through and through, pregnant or not, so help!  I'm considering this suit, but I'm curious if there any other resources you love.  I'd be willing to spend a little more to get a quality suit (I grew up on the swim team and know how destructo chlorine can be, even when you take care of your stuff), with the hope that it'll get me through multiple pregnancies, God willing, so recommend away!


{6} Speaking (well, sort of) of the reason I need a new suit, here's what 18 weeks looks like, hastily taken on the way to a birthday party!

{7}  Trista and Tess are getting married tomorrow!  I'm as giddy as if I were actually invited.  Join me in lifting up Trista and Bryan and Tess and Frank in prayer, and look for a guest post from me on Tess' blog next week!

Here's to welcoming Summer!  Have a good one!


14 comments:

  1. AWww you are such a cute pregnant lady! :) when I was pregnant I got a one piece from a pea in the pod. They have super cute swimsuits that make your belly look extra adorable! They are slightly on the pricey side though.. but sometimes they have great sales! Good luck!

    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! You seem to have started a Pea In the Pod consensus!

      Delete
  2. YOU'RE GORGEOUS!!! I cannot wait to see you! SO SOON!!!

    Target has some good tankinis :)Old Navy does too. I believe they're having sales right now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call, thanks so much! Can't wait to see you either!!!

      Delete
  3. You look so cute :) And your weekend plans sound perfect! Lands End and J. Crew are my go-to swimsuit places too! That maternity one from ASOS is pretty darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a tankini from old navy when I was pregnant last year and just went up a size. It worked and fit really well, so if you need one in a pinch before finding your "forever suit" I would check there. You look lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have such a wonderful weekend!! :) Good luck with the interview/job search. I feel ya. I hadn't had an interview for almost 5 years when I got back into the swing of things when I got home from Honduras. So, it's definitely nerve-racking and intimidating. BUT, be confident in yourself and what YOU have to offer. Even though the places are interviewing you, you are interviewing them, as well. If you have questions, ask! If you get a weird feeling, don't go back! Something will come your way that is perfect, just what God wants. :)

    Also, you look absolutely stunning. Great pic! You are super happy and glowing. Such an exciting time!! I want to give you a hug... so, *HUG*!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Destination Maternity/A Pea in the Pod/Motherhood Maternity all have maternity swimsuits and sometimes they have good sales! Target also has some in their maternity line! Although that ASOS one is adorable.... I'm also shopping around to find one soon (I just get nervous about how much bigger I still have to grow), so if you find a great one please let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful, Stephanie! I definitely recommend Destination Maternity for swimsuits. I found a super cute maternity tankini (and I actually ended up wearing the top during L&D, since I had a water birth! I definitely got a lot of use out of it!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marisa! I want to do a water birth too, but I already wondered if I should wear something old that I don't mind getting fluids on...maybe you're changing my mind =)

      Delete
  8. So So beautiful Stephanie! You're glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pea in the Pod is definitely the way to go for bathing suits and almost any other maternity-related items! Your little baby bump is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...