Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Like a Lily: Emily


{what she wears}

Who better to talk weddings today than a bride whose big day is less than 3 weeks away?  Emily, who runs no less than three blogs, a personal one, a fitness one, and Fine Linen and Purple, mixes sporty style with a love for shoes (we share one of the same favorite places to shop!) and is totally head over heels for her fiance, Jim.  Read on for her wisdom on mixing and matching, keeping it real on your wedding day, and the amazing power of a loving look.

Emily, understandably, has her own wedding style on the brain today...she's picked out bold items in her wedding colors, covered in blossoms, as inspiration for you!  



Here's her take on the items she chose:

My color scheme is what I'm using--turquoise, black, and white. I wouldn't change those colors for the world!  The flowers are actually what I'm carrying. I love the simple white, but yet they're so full of life. The shoes are the ones I am wearing for my wedding. They are the perfect height for me and are so comfortable! The dress isn't mine, but I love how it looks.  I think adding a little pop of turquoise to this cake would be so fun!  The bridesmaid dress I absolutely love.  The flower on it is just so cute!

Emily's Style:

Describe your personal style in 5 words.  Sporty, casual, comfy, colorful, modest.

What's the secret to punching up an outfit on the days when you're tired of everything in your closet?  I try to pair tops with bottoms I've never worn together. I have quite
a small clothing collection right now and that happens often! Or I dress up my outfits with a sweater over top.

Name a few of your wardrobe essentials.
  I have 3 pairs of Docker's pants, one in grey, one in black and one in khaki that I don't think I could live without. I also really like colorful shirts to go with them!

Signature Fragrance: Sweet Pea by Bath and Body Works

Favorite Shoes: My nude heels that I got from DSW last Fall!  I hardly ever wear heels but I absolutely love these.

Favorite place to shop: DSW

Item you can't live without: I know this is total cliche but my engagement ring. I don't wear jewelry often and that is the only thing that I am always wearing. And I love having that symbol of Jim's love with me at all times.


Every girl has days when she struggles with her looks and her worth.  What do you do to remind yourself you're a beloved, beautiful daughter of the King?  I struggle with body image a lot. I have to constantly remind myself that God created me just how I am. I don't need to try to be something I'm not! People love me for who I am, and who God has made me. And also looking at my engagement pictures and seeing the way Jim looks at me! I just cannot wait for our wedding pictures!


How can a bride reflect her everyday style in her wedding day style?  Since I don't dress up that often and my hair is usually in a ponytail, my wedding hairdo and makeup will be much different than I normally am! I am planning on having very simple makeup and a simple updo, but even this little change is going to be different. Keeping "you" in your bridal wardrobe and hair/makeup choices is important to me. My dress is unique but it's "me", as is what I wear everyday.
Fashion, evangelization, and the Feminine Genius: your thoughts?  I think modesty is important in what we wear as Christians. If I was wearing a short skirt and a short shirt, I don't think people would take me seriously when I start talking about my faith. I think it's important to dress as if you were going to talk about your faith at
all times.

Sound advice, no?  Join me in praying for Emily and Jim as their wedding day gets closer and closer!

Want to share your style picks on Captive the Heart?  Email me at stephanie.captivetheheart@gmail.com!




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your wedding day look! Great post Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for having me, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I second the can't wait for your wedding look!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...