Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Inspired: April Showers

{wedding candy}

After what seemed like an extra-long winter, I am incredibly happy to finally be enjoying some balmier temps!  Unfortunately for this sun-lover, Spring might mean warmer days, but not necessarily brighter or drier ones.  It got me to thinking that if you're having a springtime wedding where it might sprinkle, or maybe even an outdoor reception, why not prepare accordingly and stylishly?  I was so inspired by these gorgeous rainy-day wedding photos, and all the items here are, in my opinion, chic enough to wear in your wedding photos (and, in the case of that umbrella, to give as a bridesmaids gift), yet basic enough to wear long after.  It's the best of both worlds, don't you think?
Clockwise from top left: 1.  2.  3.  4.  5.
TrenchEarringsUmbrellaWelliesShower InvitationNecklaceRibbon Boots.
Is your wedding close enough that you know the forecast already?  And for you ladies who are already married, how did you deal with rain, shine, or snow for your wedding weather?


6 comments:

  1. It was raining on my Wedding Day so me and my Bridesmaids all wore our Wellingtons for the outside photos in fact I was still wearing my red Wellingtons when I got married.
    Carole
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wedding day was perfect June weather (in Milwaukee, which is always unpredictable!), and even slightly on the "hotter than usual" side. I had a wedding dress with long sleeves, which is kind of unusual, so I actually spent most of the day trying to keep cool!

    I absolutely love those rain boots, and I've been trying to find a pair. Now that my husband and I live in Louisiana and we're experiencing Southern spring rainy weather, something like that would definitely come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wedding day was really hot, too! And yes, a rainy spring sounds like the perfect occasion to treat yourself to some rain boots!

      Delete
  3. One of my friends and her bridesmaids wore Hunters for their outdoor wedding pics (my favorite ones, the green!) It was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...