Friday, April 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Volume 18

{story of a soul, condensed}

{1} Introducing…

 

 Baby Calis will be born at the end of October!

{2} Speaking of which, belly bands: gift from Heaven, or well-intentioned fail?  I'm all about the idea of wearing a band over my old jeans so I can leave them unbuttoned (those suckers are not getting zipped up for a while at this point), stay comfy, and save on maternity clothes, but there seem to be mixed reviews on whether they can actually hold your pants up and not budge like they promise.  Mamas, enlighten me!  What's your take?

{3} Our baby has made my Avett Brothers obsession stronger than usual lately, mostly thanks to this lovely, lovely expression of fatherhood.  Takes my breath away every time.  I beg you to do right by your soul and give it a listen!

{4} In other news, I just discovered an amazing new-to-me blog, Purity of HeartMegan is a newlywed with a heart for ministering in chastity and authentic love, and she has plenty of style to spare!  Check her out?  Please?

{5} Did you catch my post on chastity and spiritual warfare way back in the early days of this blog?  It's up on Ignitum Today this week!


{6} Remember the guest post I wrote for Arleen Spencely a while back, too, on why I don't use contraception?  It's featured this week on Carrots for Michaelmas as part of an extensive series on NFP.  I've learned so much about other methods than the one I use just by reading, and have loved hearing other couples' experiences!  Check out my post here, and the entire series here.  While you're at it, if you're at all a bookworm or aspiring healthy eater like me, you'll love the rest of Haley's site, too! 

{7} Can you say some prayers for us, please?  I told you a few weeks ago that my husband's been accepted to the PhD program he's always dreamed of, but a lot of doubts have been sneaking into our hearts, and the Lord has been asking us to go deeper and deeper into trusting in Him as we wait for news about funding and scholarships.  I have no idea what His will is right now, and I know my heart is being dilated and stretched; I just don't want all that stretching sometimes, you know?!  Pray for peace and wise discernment for us, and thank you so, so much in advance!

Quick Takes are being hosted by Grace at Camp Patton today!  Meanwhile, pray for Jen at  Conversion Diary  and her sweet new baby boy, and have a wonderful weekend!  I'd love to know what you're up to!

31 comments:

  1. WAHOOOOO!!!!! BABY!!!! AHH!!! CONGRATS!!!!
    You are going to be THEEEE cutest momma ever! Can't wait to see how you style that bump!
    oh em gee. very excited for y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a wee one, so exciting! I'll have to check out that blog, sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! Congrats!

    I don't know why I didn't use a belly band until this pregnancy, I loved it and wore my non-maternity jeans until almost halfway through the pregnancy with it. Win. It's so hard for me to find maternity jeans that fit, so I definitely recommend wearing your favorite pre-pregnancy jeans with a belly bend as long as you can. At almost 35 weeks the idea of wearing pants is almost unbearable. Thanks goodness it's warm enough for stretchy skirts now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so thrilled for you and Andrew! That is a beautiful picture! Ridiculously exciting! Praying for all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That's so exciting!!! And thanks for the NFP series link...I've been recently learning about the different methods (didn't know anything about any of it until a couple months ago) and I'm thinking about going off the pill, so I'm excited to read your post and the rest of the series. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Email me anytime if you ever want to chat about it =)

      Delete
  6. Ahhh congrats and God Bless you! Such and exciting new phase in your life! I had a bella band and didn't like it...it kept rolling down and in the beginning I was sick so didnt want anything completely over my belly. Target sells a less expensive one, so maybe try it out and if you like it, then invest in the more expensive one (in another color!) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so so excited for you!! AAAH!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so happy for you - congrats! Our babies will only be a couple months apart!

    And as for #2: I used a BeBand from Target (their version of the belly band) and it worked well for me. I have discovered that I apparently am carrying very low, which means I absolutely needed it by week 10 and continued to wear it until about week 17. At that point, because I was so low, I absolutely had to transition to actual maternity jeans because my normal ones just put too much pressure on me when I sat. I'd say the band would move a little bit, but never so much that I couldn't easily readjust when I stood up. To not have to buy actual maternity jeans right away and stay in my normal clothes for nearly an extra 2 months it was worth the 20 dollars I spent on it. Hope this helps! :)

    I'll be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Stephanie! What wonderful, exciting news! You and Andrew must be absolutely thrilled—best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy, and huge congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Stephanie! How exciting! I love your photo announcement. :) Praying that everything works out with the funding, and for peace of mind for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you and Andrew!! Also, as a Halloween baby, I can assure you that the end of October is a fabulous time to be born. :) As far as the belly band goes, I wasn't a fan. It was uncomfortable and it just bunched up my jeans in a very awkward way. Maternity pants are totally worth it; Heidi Klum has a maternity line that is sold through Destination Maternity, and her pants are roughly $30/each. They fit very well and they're super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats again, that is just SO darn exciting!!

    And lots of prayers for discernment and wisdom and that the devil would keep his dirty little hands away from you and keep his haunting doubts to himself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Guess, what? I was just thinking (and praying) about you yesterday and whether or not you may have a baby soon! Maybe God was trying to tell me that you were needing my prayers just then? Many prayers for you, your baby, your husband, and everything else! I am so, so happy for you! I'm not sure what size you are, but if you wear a medium, I'd be happy to send you my two bella bands (white and black). If you go on the Bella Bands website, you can see the sizing chart. They didn't work well for me because I realized that I had ordered a size too big - if I had had a small, I think I would have liked them. You know my email, just let me know if you'd like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet; thank you for offering! I actually think I'd need a smaller size, as well, so I'll let you hold onto yours for another mama in need. I really, really appreciate it!

      Delete
  14. How wonderful! Many, many hugs and well wishes sent your way. I'm so delighted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First and foremost, Congratulations, my dear! How exciting! I so happy for you & Andrew and your growing family :) I can't wait to see how you style your bump either!

    Second, thank you SO much for shout out as well! You are the sweetest! It was such a nice surprise to come across, and brightened my day so THANK YOU! :)

    Have a great weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the pregnancy! Sept is a good month! As for belly bands - not so good at holding up the pants but can be great for postpartum support!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Hooray!

    PhDs do take a lot of trust and discernment-- it's good that you two are taking it seriously, but take heart! God will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!! The picture announcement was just adorable - such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh, Congratulations!!! This is so wonderful! My Mommy was a Halloween baby -- I understand it's a good time to be born (no shortage of treats birthday after birthday!). God bless you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, I can't even focus to read the rest of your takes!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you two and will be praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's so exciting! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh congratulations!!! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ladies, you are so good!! Thank you for all of your nice words, your prayers, and your pants advice!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! God bless the two of you in your joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This makes my heart so happy! Congratulations to you both!! October is our wedding month, so we'll keep you in our prayers as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying for you, too love! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  26. I found your blog via CharTreuth's space. Congrats in your pregnancy I can't wait to read more of your blog with my breakfast in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...