Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lectio: 33 Days to Morning Glory

{recommended reading}


Did you catch Monday's post on Marian consecration?  I've heard of people getting groups together to make a consecration, but you can do it by yourself or with your fiance, too!  Fr. Michael E. Gaitley's 33 Days To Morning Glory is an amazing preparation resource that explains growing closer to Jesus, through Mary in an accessible way that gets you so excited to deepen your devotion to her.  There's Scripture and reflections, and the language draws from the Marian spiritualities of St. Louis Marie de Montfort, St. Maximillian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa, and John Paul in a way that illuminates each of these great saints' personal relationships with Our Lady.

A few months ago, Andrew and I said the consecration prayer at the end of this book with two of our best friends as we stood in as godparents at their daughter's baptism.  It was a moment I'll always treasure, and I am totally stealing the idea of consecrating my future babies to Mary, too!  I've only read portions of this book so far, though I suppose that's not so bad since it's meant to be read in just a section a day, but Andrew is planning to make a consecration soon and I think I'll read it along with him just to re-immerse myself in Our Lady's tremendous love.

What do you think?  Have any of you made a consecration, and did you use this book?  I'd love to hear about any other good resources you've found!




2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, I'm so glad to hear you're promoting consecration to Our Lady. I used the Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary for Families (which used excerpts from St. Louis De Montforte's books and PJP II). I received Fr. Gaitley's book and read it in a week so this was a shorter version of the preparation that I read. I, too consecrate my myself and my children to Our Lady every single day. P.S. Have you heard of Enthronement of the Sacred and Immaculate Heart? That's the next step of consecration (according to the book I read). Google it and see if Andrew is interested in consecrating and enthroning. A Marian husband is a HUGE blessing, you are so so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's beautiful, Anabelle! Thanks for sharing on Enthronement, which I've actually never heard of. I'll have to look into it. I really do feel so lucky to have my husband...somewhere along the way, my things like "funny," "handsome," and "big family" got further down on my mental list of things I wanted in a husband (admittedly, not a necessary pursuit!), and instead, one thing I started to really pray about was that my husband would have a devotion to Our Lady. I am so graced by having that prayer answered!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...