Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Inspired: Honeymoon Essentials

{wedding candy}

You know what I think every girl needs after months of planning one of her life's biggest, most-worth-it-but-most-exhausting events?  A vacation.  Hopefully, you're getting one!  Relaxing on your honeymoon can be just what the doctor ordered and such a special time.

Packing necessities can vary from place to place, depending where you two are headed, but what basics are you bringing?


1. Bandeau Tank, J. Crew.  2. & 3. Fedora and Sunglasses, Target.  4. Sunscreen, Burt's Bees.  5. Sarong (similar).  6. & 7. Bra and Undies, Urban Outfitters.  8. Book, Amazon.  9. Journal, Design Darling.  11, 12, & 13. Earrings, Necklace, and Bangle, Pink Pineapple.
I'm a lazy traveler.  I don't like lugging around tons of stuff, so I try and pack things that can multitask.  Hands down, I think the best item for a beach vacation is a big, colorful sarong that can pull double duty and beyond (there are some great ones here!).  Besides a cover-up, it can be a scarf, a head wrap, a blanket, a skirt for dinner (maybe with the help of a few safety pins), and in a pinch, a beach towel.

Aside from bringing a giant piece of fabric, one of my other travel musts is plenty of jewelry, which can change up your basic outfits and takes up less space than extra clothes, and another is a journal I keep especially for trips.  It's fun to write down the details of each day--I'm always surprised by the small things I forget about when I'm back home and I reread what we've written!  I think your honeymoon would be the perfect time to start a book of your adventures.

And, don't forget practical things like sunscreen and batteries for your camera, and pretty things like the lacy numbers above!

There's a great checklist here with destination-specific items!

Are you going on a honeymoon?  Do you have your destination picked out yet?  Spill all the details in the comments, and share your best travel tips!



13 comments:

  1. Oh I love that suit and the print on that sarong! Such a great multitasking item I never thought of! And the travel journal is a thoughtful idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I don't think I ever commented on the new blog design - LOVE it!

      Delete
    2. I have to confess, that exact sarong costs $300! It was too pretty not to include in my image, but I knew I had to find some actual options, too! Thanks for the design love =)

      Delete
  2. Great ideas! I love the book you picked; it's one of my favorites. My fiance and I are heading on a cruise for our honeymoon and I really cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! I'm sure your cruise will be fabulous =)

      Delete
  3. Great post! My husband and I went on an amazing Mediterranean cruise (Italy, Turkey and Greece) for our honeymoon, and I really wished I would have brought along a cute hat! After getting horribly sunburned in Venice-including my scalp, ugh-that really would have come in handy. For the ladies who are cruising on your honeymoons, you will want to bring 1-2 formal dresses for the formal nights on the cruise. I ended up bringing a gown I wore to my husband's military ball a few months earlier, and a maxi dress. It was perfect and didn't take up too much room in my suitcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Head burns always seem to happen to me in the summer, too! You'd think I would have learned by now...thanks for the dressy cruise advice! Having never been on one, I didn't even think of that!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful, esp. the bathing suit, sarong, earrings, necklace, pareo..oh, goodness, I'll take it all, except I'd trade the fedora for a broad-brimmed straw hat.

    We went to Barbados, and it was theeee most delightful trip of my life. I wish we could go again! Thanks for bringing back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, the end of winter and the thought of Barbados have me wishing for paradise!

      Delete
  5. great ideas! I still look back and remember all the fun I had putting together things to take on my honeymoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! We were hoping to get a newlywed blessing from Pope Benedict in Italy, but if it all works out, we will hopefully get to go to an audience to get a blessing from the new pope! Rome is my favorite city ever and we're thinking someplace beachy too, like Capri or Amalfi.

    I want to bring pretty sundresses/maxi dresses and cute, practical flats. I can't sight see in heels like some talented ladies can. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so special, Mary! I've heard some crazy stories of couples who had to sprint to make it up to the front of the audience, but I'm absolutely SURE it's worth it! Amalfi is on my dream vacation list, too!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...