Sunday, February 3, 2013

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 12: The Weather Outside Is Frightful

An entire weekend's worth of snow derailed my plans to watch my friend make her first profession as a Poor Clare nun this weekend.  I've tried, somewhat successfully and, admittedly, somewhat resentfully, to offer the pain of not being there for the fulfillment of her vocation.  Join me in praying for Sr. Mary Damiana of the King of Glory?

We like to walk to Mass.  Even when it's cold and precipitating.  You don't have rain boots for nothing, right?

Sweater, Land's End.  Shirt, Gap (from the Boys' Department!).  Jeans and belt, Forever 21.  Pearls, DIY.  Headband, Gap (from the Women's Department).  Boots (below), Hunter (Hers), L.L. Bean (His).


Oh, and don't worry; I wore a coat when we weren't taking pictures.  See?


Visit Fine Linen and Purple for more Mass outfit inspiration!  And while you're here, it'd make my day if you'd give me your two cents in making Captive the Heart fresher and better as it turns a year old!

Happy Sunday, and Happy Superbowl.  Despite being a few states away this year, this born-and-bred Maryland girl knows who she's rooting for!


25 comments:

  1. Love your outfit. As usual!!! One of these days ill wear a Stephanie- inspired outfit.
    I understand about the SB. 3/4 of our household are colts fans. (Which yeah former Baltimore colts) but since head of The household is born and raised 49ers, the 3/4 of the family is cheering and supporting him!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pants are so fun! Love the look, but you won't catch me walking to mass in the snow. Well, maybe one of these days, if we live closer to church...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're lucky that we don't have to cross too many major roads! The benefits of living in a college town...

      Delete
  3. How fun to walk to mass in the snow! I love your outfit, esp. the checkered shirt w/ the red pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! It's mostly fun...the photos don't accurately represent, I don't think, our runny noses or cold ears! Hope you had a good weekend =)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh! You and your hubby are so cute! I love the snowy backdrop for your colorful outfit! You always mix prints and colors so well - the red pants are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, isn't he so handsome?!

      Delete
  5. What a cute outfit! And as a fellow to-mass walker, I envy your practical boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fleece boot liners are on my wish list to make them more winter-appropriate =)

      Delete
  6. I think we must be style soulmates because I almost wore orangy-red jeans and boots like that today, and I have a very similar navy gingham shirt :) Love it! Oh and you and your hubs are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You flatter me...I LOVE your style, and your outfit today was so cute! Thanks so much, Erika!

      Delete
  7. LOVE this outfit. You look so cute and very happy!! I really like the color combo and belted sweater. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very happy, yes, and also very cold =) Thank you, Mary!!

      Delete
  8. I love your smile, Stephanie! And your outfits are always so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, y'all are such a beautiful couple! Your outfit is awesome (I wish I was so adventurous!) but your joy totally shines through in that last photo! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say, Andrea--thank you!

      Delete
  10. Sorry your plans didn't work out- such a bummer :-P You do look cute as always, though. Love that you guys walk to Mass. I do enjoy the falling snow :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...most of the time. Thanks so much, Kinsi!

      Delete
  11. Love your outfit! So cute. And I think it is hilarious that you are wearing articles of clothing from the boys and women's department...my sister can pull that off, too! Lucky ducks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I didn't know if anyone would notice! Thanks, Katrina =)

      Delete
  12. The weather outside was frightful, but you look oh, so, delightful!! I love the red, the plaid/gingham, and the belted cardi! CUte, cute, cute!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...