Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Like A Lily: Ana

{what she wears}


Being a mama definitely doesn't mean sacrificing style.  Meet Ana, who sews, crafts, makes healthy goodies, and takes care of her three adorable daughters, all while dressing practically and so prettily, at Time Flies When You're Having Babies.  I absolutely love the all-white wedding she's imagined here, with pure, simple blossoms and plenty of lace.


Here's what Ana has to say about these picks:

I love lace!  So classy and elegant.  Flats are a must for me for a wedding day; these look super comfy and just so beautiful.  I love lilies--the smell, the reminder of new life, and the simplicity of them.  I had them at my wedding and I'd have them again if I were doing it over.

Best of all, maybe, Ana loves this veil for its mantilla styling, but also because her mom made it!  Check out the gorgeous, affordable veils in her Etsy shop here!

Read on for Ana on multipurpose shopping trips, DIY wedding day beauty, and how to feel pulled together even when you're not leaving the house


Ana's Style:

Describe your personal style in five words.  Relaxed, comfortable, colorful, random, and frugal.

Name a few of your wardrobe essentials: 1) Pretty earrings.  I feel a little naked without earrings.  Even if you're just wearing house pants and a sweatshirt earrings bring some feminine class without any work!  2) Skinny jeans.  I was so skeptical at the dawn of skinny jeans, but I feel like if you get a pair that compliments you, they can really slim you down and compliment your form.  3)  Cardigans.  Mostly colorful ones, but really just any cute cardigan adds to an outfit and a level of comfort.

Favorite Shoes: Currently, my Franco Sarto boots.  Living in the Midwest during the winter can be pretty drab, but a cute pair of boots that are also good in the cold and snow make it a little more bearable.

Signature Fragrance: Heavenly by Victoria's Secret

Favorite place to shop: Target.  Where else can you pick up groceries with the kids and find trendy and comfortable clothes for a great deal?  They always have great sales, and I can kill two birds with one stone.  Love it!

Every girl has days when she struggles with her looks and her worth.  What do you do to remind yourself you're a beloved, beautiful daughter of the King?  On days when I am not feeling so hot about how I'm looking, I go to my husband.  He is my helpmate, and God gave him to me to build me up when I am feeling down and out.  I am usually really honest with him about how I am feeling about myself and he always has wonderful, affirming words and ways that help tremendously.

What's an item you can't live without?  I cannot live without mascara.  I look like I’ve lost days of sleep without it and it is almost always applied before I leave the house.  Most of the time it’s on even when I will be home all day--it just makes me feel put together. 

How can a bride reflect her everyday style in her wedding day style?  When I got married the one thing I was adamant about was doing my own makeup.  I really wanted to look like myself when Mike first saw me, and in this way I felt like I reflected my everyday style at our wedding.  I didn’t want to hand all the makeup control over to someone else who didn't know what I like and end up looking like a clown--it just seemed too risky.  I splurged on some makeup items I wouldn’t usually get and spent extra time the day of the wedding, and I loved the outcome. 

Fashion, evangelization, and the Feminine Genius: your thoughts?  Since becoming a mother, I have had to go through various cycles with style, fashion, and rediscovering my femininity in my motherhood.  My body changed a lot after giving birth, and I wasn’t sure how much time and energy I should be focusing on myself and looking good when there were children afoot.  I feel like I’ve got a better grasp now on living my vocation while remaining fashionable so as to not turn the rest of the world off.  Motherhood is beautiful, being a woman is beautiful and I think doing what you need to do to look and feel beautiful as a woman, and if it is your vocation, as a wife and mother, is not just acceptable, but necessary. 

Want to share your style picks on Captive the Heart?  Email me at stephanie.captivetheheart@gmail.com!

6 comments:

  1. Ana, I am in complete agreeance : ) on the power and value of mascara. Stephanie, I nominated you for a Liebster, if you have time! http://marytboctor.blogspot.com/2013/02/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't mastered the non-raccoony mascara look...thanks for the award, Mary; I'm excited to write it!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet inspiration board, I love the sleeves and the lace! I felt the same way about the ballet flats (I wore a short heel for the ceremony but changed into blue flats immediately afterward!) and doing my own make-up :)

    Those boots are super cute too, I'm going to have to pass them along to my sister since she's in the market for a new pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like such a cute Something Blue! Thanks for reading, Erika =)

      Delete
  3. I love the whole thing, and agree totally about the earrings, but I agree particularly strongly with these sentences:

    I feel like I’ve got a better grasp now on living my vocation while remaining fashionable so as to not turn the rest of the world off. Motherhood is beautiful, being a woman is beautiful and I think doing what you need to do to look and feel beautiful as a woman, and if it is your vocation, as a wife and mother, is not just acceptable, but necessary.

    And what incredible fun to put together a wedding pinboard! Such fun! The shape on the dress at the upper left is perfection to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she so good?! I loved that part, too!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...