Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Inspired: The Rehearsal Dinner

{wedding candy}

Of course, one of the biggest wedding-day things whirling through your mind is that gorgeous white gown, and why wouldn't it be?  Consider, though, your rehearsal dinner: some family members will be meeting for the first time, eyes will be on you and your almost-hubs, and even if you're planning on an early bedtime, it's a night to celebrate.  If you have the time and the budget, I think your rehearsal is the perfect occasion to treat yourself to a fancy new frock.

So, what are you going to wear?


Left to right: Necklace, Peplum Dress, Pumps.  Sunglasses, Dress, Boots.  Clutch, Tunic Dress, Shoes.  Cocktail Ring, Dress, Shoes.  Polish, Maxi Dress, Sandals.
What do you think?  Do you have your rehearsal wear picked out yet?





9 comments:

  1. I got married almost a year ago in April and I seriously had the rehearsal dress almost before the wedding dress. It was the event I could picture the clearest of all the wedding related stuff. Vintage black breakfast at Tiffany's inspired tea length dress was my bad boy of choice. What did you wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying. Just say the words "Breakfast at Tiffany's," and I'm pretty much guaranteed to be obsessed--that sounds incredible, Blair!

      I actually didn't put much thought into my rehearsal wear at all; somehow, in the craziness, I didn't really consider wearing anything particularly special, so I just wore a navy blue shift dress I'd packed for my honeymoon with gold sandals. Simple, but still a little dressy. I think this post was just delayed wish fulfillment for me =)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those dresses and accessories! Honestly, I had the worst time trying to find an appropriate rehearsal/rehearsal dinner dress. (I got married six years ago, and I woke up the day before my wedding in a panic because the outfit STILL wasn't complete!). At the time, I had a lot of difficulty finding an outfit that flattered my figure-I'm on the curvy side-but also didn't look like I was headed out to a club. I ended up going with a fun black top and a red skirt, and it just looked...okay. If I could go back in time I would definitely put more thought into my rehearsal dinner outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd put more thought into mine, too! But, at the end of the next day, I was married, and so were you =)

      Delete
  3. I love that turquoise dress! I need to start looking, less than 3 months away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turquoise is my favorite, too! I'd love to know what you end up picking out!

      Delete
  4. I hated what I wore. I was so rushed, didn't plan ahead, and just pulled something out of the closet. At least the other memories are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want to find something white and take advantage of the bride status while I can. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...