Sunday, January 6, 2013

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 9: In Which I Cheat

Confession time: this is the outfit I wore two Sundays ago, in anticipation of traveling home for the holidays and being far from a computer during Christmas and New Years.  When I got back to my normal routine last weekend, I never uploaded it.

Since I knew I'd be going straight from Mass to a long car ride, my travel outfit strategies included layering to reduce bulk in my duffel bag, wearing my heaviest shoes instead of packing them, for the same reason, hiding my unwashed hair in a braid, and aiming to be comfy while still looking presentable.  Everything still worked nicely later in the afternoon, when my sisters-in-law took me ice skating for the first time.  I just buttoned up my vest and wrapped up in a scarf, and I stayed nice and cozy while I inched along the tundra rink.

In the spirit of honesty, I wore it all again today.  That only makes me half a fraud, right?

Sailor shirt, Gap.  Vest, Land's End.  Mittens, Aerie by American Eagle (one of last year's Christmas gifts!).  Jeans, Target.  Boots, L.L. Bean.

Visit Fine Linen and Purple for more Sunday outfit inspiration!  


31 comments:

  1. I just love black and white stripes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure whether I should be pleased or embarrassed to say that this striped shirt is one of several... =)

      Delete
  2. I always love your outfit. I was an imposter, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, good to know I'm not alone! Thanks, Kathryn!

      Delete
  3. Cutest mittens, cutest mittens, cutest cutest mittens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My sis-in-law has great taste =)

      Delete
  4. I adore the sailor stripes, seriously! I am still on the look out for the perfect navy and white striped shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess! Land's End sells sailor shirts year-round, I think!

      Delete
  5. Sppsh, I didn't even notice that it was a "repeat"... you look supercute every week anyways! Safe travels, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cozy! Those mittens are adorable! I hope you've had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pull off the vest look so well! Puffer vests make me look like a linebacker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly doubt that.

      Thanks so much, Ellen!

      Delete
  8. That is a wonderful, amazing pair of shoes. I'm going to have to look them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're seriously one of the best pairs of shoes I've ever had! Four years old and they still look and wear like new (no slipping on ice), and of course, there is nothing like the pleasure of wearing waterproof boots for puddle-jumping =)

      Delete
  9. I love that sailor shirt, and your hair is adorable! I don't think there is any fraud here! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always look so stinkin cute! Love your mittens and those shoes! And your stripes. And the vest. Love. it. all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop! You are so good! Thank you, Deme!

      Delete
  11. I love this and have a shirt very similar in the mail right now! cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I have to admit, I wear mine a little too often than variety and laundry days should allow =)

      Delete
  12. Ooh- I love sailor shirts! Those mittens are too cute, and I love the LL Bean boots. Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so adorable! Love the whole outfit, especially the vest! I have never been to your blog before and I just wanted to tell you that I think it is a fabulous idea! Wish you were around 5 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brooke! So glad you found my blog =)

      Delete
  14. perfect travel outfit, love the mittens too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I admit, I did take the mittens off in the car!

      Delete
  15. I have GOT to get me a poofy vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying those exact words a few months ago...for years, I've tried, and occasionally succeeded in, stealing an ancient navy blue vest of my mom's. It's gone back and forth between us since I was in high school, and I thought it was finally time to get my own!

      Delete
  16. I love all of your outfits! You look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...