Monday, January 7, 2013

Project 2013: January

{a month-by-month shine-up}

Last week, I introduced you to my new take on New Year's resolutions: twelve specific monthly projects to tackle different areas of my life in small, manageable, fun pieces rather than one giant initial onslaught.  This year, I'm hoping to discipline my admittedly overly laid-back (read: lazy) tendencies, explore all there is to enjoy about my town, especially since moving is a likely possibility, find new hobbies and reignite old ones, like my love of speaking Spanish, and take plenty of time for retreat and silence.  Here's the month-by-month rundown of my plans:



This month, after a season of holiday immoderation, I'm ready to feel back on track spiritually, physically, and organizationally.  The goal I'm most excited about is a more regular bedtime and wake-up.  Every morning, I fight to get out of bed and rest (I'm hardly even sleepy, just too content to lay there!) until the last possible minute when I can still shower, pack a lunch, and catch my carpool ride.  The thing is, I think I might have an inner morning person!  Every time I allow myself some extra minutes, I enjoy the leisure of a quiet apartment, a little reading during breakfast, and gathering my thoughts for the day.  Putting specific times on paper (or screen), I'm hoping, will help me to stick to a better schedule.

What do you think, and who knows what this could turn into?  At the beginning of each month, I'll be reflecting on the previous month's happenings and looking forward to the coming one, with a mini bucket list for each.  I'd love for you to join me in some of my projects or offer suggestions and prayers...Lord knows I'll need them.  Leave a comment and tell me what you think!

So nice to see you, January.  Vamonos.



8 comments:

  1. Oh I am going to join you on this one. Good idea! In my prayers.

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lilian! I'll say a prayer for you, too =)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love these Stephanie!!! I struggle so much with a regular bedtime, and it is one of my dearest wishes to BE a morning person!!! I might have to piggyback on your informally... :)

    Great idea about updating the blog to keep accountability! (And seriously: great job on your blog. I continue to pine over how beautiful it is! I will try to comment more too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hear you on the bedtime! My husband is always up late grading papers and things, and I beg him to work in bed so we can still chat, but it always stops me from actually going to sleep!

      Stop! You pine?! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love this!

    I definitely need to do #1, 2, 4!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah; so glad you like! Good luck! My only roadblock is fighting the temptation to put off #4 until April... =)

      Delete
  4. This is amazing. Do you have a template available for these? I would love to edit one and add my own one (Plus yours are way cuter than I could make mine!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll put some templates together and try to have them up for downloading by the first week of February =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...