Sunday, December 23, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 8: All The Way Home I'll Be Warm

It's going to be a white Christmas for us!  One of the things I love most about my town is how walkable it is.  Most weeks, when we're not running late, that is, Andrew and I enjoy walking to Mass.  When it's raining or snowing, that means goodbye to my fancier shoes, but that's okay with me.  I saved up for my rainboots during my college summer job as a waitress, and four years later, they remain one of the best purchases I ever made.  You can wear them, I think, with anything at all, from pants to shorts to dresses, and they have super comfy arch supports that mean I can happily clomp all over the place without getting tired.  I feel like I'll never have to buy another pair!

My puffer vest is an early Christmas present from my husband--I love the monogram!

Oxford, Gap.  Puffer vest, Land's End.  Belt, Forever 21.  Metallic skirt, Target.  Wellies, Hunter.  Ribbon and pearl bracelets, DIY.  Lips, Fuschia Fever by Maybelline.

I pray that you find these last few days of Advent filled with grace and Christ's peace.  I'd love to hear about your holiday plans!  Meantime, be sure to visit Fine Linen and Purple for more Mass outfit inspiration!



P.S. If you like what you see, check out my new fashion feature, Like a Lily, and email me at stephanie.captivetheheart@gmail.com if you'd like to participate!

30 comments:

  1. You're so lucky to be having a white Christmas! We're not even getting one in England... just rain and more rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo...but still, it's an English Christmas, right?! I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season, Magdalen!

      Delete
  2. You look SO cute and I really need to suck it up and invest in some rain boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, they're the best! I'm always tempted to wear them even when it's not raining because they're so comfy and easy, but...well...that seems weird. I'm not secure enough yet!

      Delete
  3. Stop with the cuteness. The belt with the puffer jacket - what a clever way to highlight your waist and show off that jacket. The monogram is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kathryn! I figure now my vest is impervious to theft, since it's personalized =) I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  4. You look SO cute! Love the Wellies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stiiilllll in desperate search of a good vest or two. I ordered one from Land's End a while back, but remain convinced that it was much too large (even in the smallest size). Loving that snowy background. Nice palate this week, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh, it's from the kid's department! Way smaller, and cheaper, too!

      Delete
  6. You look fabulous, as always! Blue is such a great color on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rain boots are really cute with the vest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your classy-cute looks! Way to rock the rain boots and vest in a dressy enough way for Mass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so excited when my most functional, comfy things can pass for dressy, too! Puffer vests, to me, are like wearing a cozy blanket while still being able to move your arms =)

      Delete
  9. So cute! Absolutely love your outfits. Love how you wore the belt over the vest, and your awesome boots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, how do people come up with adorable outfits like this? Clearly, there is some chemical in my brain that's missing because never ever ever would I think of putting these pieces of clothing together. And here you did, and here it looks adorable. Skinny belt on the outside of the puffer vest? Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had a chemical to accept such nice words with complete grace and humility...thanks so, so much, Cari!!

      Delete
  11. Love your entire outfit!
    And been dreaming of hunter boots for some time now. Heard a lot of good things abt them!

    And good job to your husband. The puffer vest is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will so not regret the Hunters! Thanks for reading, Sarah!

      Delete
  12. You are so TALENTED with this dressing biz! Seriously- belt over vest? Wellies with skirt? I had no idea these things were possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop! Thank you so much! Hope you and your family are having a fantastic Christmas =)

      Delete
  13. As great as the boots are, I think the belt really makes the look. And I too am jealous of the white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing, nothing, like a $3 belt to jazz things up, right? I hope you had a great Christmas, Shannon!

      Delete
  14. We only just got some snow and it's mostly gone already.... a white Christmas woul've been nice. Enjoy it for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely enjoyed, up until we had to drive on slushy highways on Christmas Eve night...so a little dangerous, but magical nonetheless. Hope you had a good one, Thomas!

      Delete
  15. You are just too cute!! This outfit is perfection! I'm crazy about the belt over the vest too and am in love with all these unexpected pieces paired together. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...