Sunday, December 9, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 6: Statements and Staples

It's been so warm out this week that I was able to get away with not wearing tights today!  Serious gift. I wore two of my favorite things in my closet.  The first is this blue statement necklace.  J. Crew was the first to offer this bubble style that I love, but after coming to peace with the fact that I'll probably never own one with a J. Crew price tag, I found this one on Etsy, instead.  I love the turquoise color, and it punches up a surprising number of my basics!

The second is the pair of leopard ballet flats I got from Nordstrom four years ago.  Looking back, I wish I'd bought two pairs at once, because these are getting worn out, and just a few years later, similar styles seem to cost so much than they did then!  Andrew tells me that when we first met back in one of our college English classes, he would notice my shoes and wonder to himself if "anyone besides old people in Florida wear leopard shoes."  Don't be offended if you're a leopard-lover; I still wear mine even if he laughs at them!  I used to only wear these shoes with simple neutrals and solids, but I've come to love them with plenty of brights, and even a bit of pattern, too--the leopard print, I've realized, is basically a neutral itself, so it pairs well with so many of my outfits.  Lately, I've seen a lot of loafer styles that I think might be a great replacement for my flats.  What's your take?

Oxford, Ralph Lauren.  Skirt, Old Navy.
Nails, Minted by Revlon.  Necklace, Etsy.  Shoes, B.P. by Nordstrom.
Visit Fine Linen and Purple for more Mass outfit inspiration!  Have a wonderful Sunday!


44 comments:

  1. Loving your look, as always! Don't even know where to begin- it's all too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kinsi! Hope you had a wonderful weekend =)

      Delete
  2. I totally have that necklace from Etsy too. I was so stoked to find it! Haha. I sported a similar look to this quite often over the summer. Just minus the super cute leopard print ballet flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I wore this skirt all summer, too--I've just been figuring out that it can be a year-round sort of thing!

      Delete
  3. Love that skirt! I've been wishing I could find a long flowy red one like that for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magdalen! I got my skirt back in the Spring, but I've seen a lot of similar long, pleated styles around lately!

      Delete
  4. What a great way to be bright during the usual gloominess of winter! Love the tailored shirt with the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, thank you! My husband teases me for how bright my wardrobe is, but I'm 100% with you--color makes cloudy days so much better!

      Delete
  5. Love that your nails match your necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy =) I hope you had a good weekend!

      Delete
  6. I am really liking the bubble necklace! I have one coming to me that is pretty similar. I am also absolutely loving the color combo of pink and greenish blue! It is very Jcrew of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, "very J.Crew of you" is like the best compliment you could give me! Thanks so much, Andie!

      Delete
  7. I love all your bright colors that you wear together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfit, the skirt is just awesome, the colors are great! And I wish I could get my buns to look that fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh, it's a sock bun! Thanks, Amanda!

      Delete
  9. I love your outfit! Especially the long skirt.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I'm pretty short, so I always struggle with long skirts, but I seem to have lucked out with this one!

      Delete
  10. Great outfit! Of course, love the maxi and the colour! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfit (and the bun, my daily hair 'do). I have a similar necklace from a J. Crew outlet sale, pretty! And coral and turquoise together is so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika! Thank you! I am now both overjoyed and dismayed to learn that J. Crew sells these necklaces at the outlet...now I want one in another color! Someone stop me.

      Delete
    2. They have a great coral one that I saw ;) Love it but I've been resisting.

      Delete
  12. If you have the name of that Etsy store - dish! Great necklace - great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kathryn! Here you go:

      http://www.etsy.com/shop/PureStunning?ref=seller_info

      Delete
  13. Mmmm, love the colors and the fingernails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute- love the whole outfit. Such a pretty bubble necklace and matching polish! The shoes are so fun too. I've seen the leopard loafers at a few stores and have thought about getting a pair, but I think you can't go wrong with flats either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you! I say definitely go for the loafers =)

      Delete
  15. I absolutely love your long skirt. It is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute and so fashionable! Can't even handle it! I love the colors and the leopard print together! And can you please do my hair like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop stop stop! You are too sweet, Caitlin; thank you so much! My hair is just a sock bun, so Pinterest and so easy!

      Delete
  17. Stephanie - so classy and spunky as usual! I just ordered a bubble necklace and am now even more excited to wear it! I love the colors of this outfit and as a fellow leopard lover, I think it looks great on flats and loafers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deme! I'm glad to find out I'm not the only leopard lover out there!

      Delete
  18. Love the skirt and those shoes. Everyone should have something leopard in their wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! Thanks for reading, Jules!

      Delete
  19. Beautiful job overall.
    Love. Those. Nails.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...