Sunday, November 11, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 3: The Wedding Edition

I spent this weekend at my alma mater, a placed filled with grace that I treasure so deeply, for my friends Jonathan and Siobhan's wedding.  They are the last of my close friends to get married, which means that my life will be lacking in weddings for at least a while.  I've loved celebrating with each of them at their nuptials, as well as my own, and now I'm so excited for all that lies ahead!

Everyone's a little spread out now, so do you have any ideas for reunion traditions we can start?  When we aren't all seeing each other every few months for another sacrament and night on the dance floor, I know we'll have to get creative with our get togethers!

Anyway, I'm cheating a little on my outfit post today.  It's what I wore on Saturday, not Sunday.  This is my beautiful best friend Beth and I, in our wedding-day best.  Her own wedding was just three weeks ago!  Doesn't she look so Audrey Hepburn classy?  Technically, though this was Saturday, these are still the outfits we wore to Mass, so that counts, I should think.  Besides, in the interest of packing lightly, I did still wear this dress today (I swapped the sparkly shoes for boots--much more practical for traveling).  It's actually the same dress I wore last Sunday...little black dresses aren't the best for nothing, right?

Beth: Dress, Dorothy Perkins.  Trench and belt, J. Crew Factory.  Stephanie: Dress, Old Navy.  Shoes:  Adrienne Vittadini, from TJ Maxx.
I'd love to hear about your weekends!  When you're done here, head over to Fine Linen and Purple for more Sunday fashion inspiration from other bloggers!




18 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit, Stephanie! I love your sparkly shoes.

    Have you seen how fellow Catholic Fashion Blogger, Deme, styled a similar Old Navy dress? As you said, little black dresses are wonderfully ubiquitous: http://freshpaintabq.blogspot.com/2012/11/one-dress-four-seasons.html?showComment=1352344537745#c2153853873708868307

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie! Off to go check out Deme's outfit now!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Found your through the Fine Linen and Purple link up. I think you both look Audrey Hepburn classy! LOVE those shoes and that black dress looks like it could be worn in so many ways! The last of our friends just married as well...so now we get to look forward to babies and the occasional get together for one of our alma mater's football games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deme, I'm so glad you found my blog so I could find yours! I love your idea of getting together at our actual alma mater--two and a half years later, I'm so happy with how my life has changed since college, but I know my heart will always be so attached, in the best way!

      Delete
  3. I've found that once the weddings are over (the last of our group was just last month, but the first one was like 7 years ago!), it naturally flows into baby shower get togethers. Now that I'm 4 hours from home, I find it easier to miss a baby shower because it's just a couple hour event. But I realized that at some point the baby showers will be over, too, and I'll be very sad! So I'm making every effort to be at all of them. I find that our group of friends is seeing each other about twice a year, which is so nice! Glad you had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we're in a similar boat of being far from home--in fact, my trips back to visit family and friends are a 4 hour distance, too! I can't wait for all of the baby excitement to get underway. Hope you had a good weekend too, Stacy =)

      Delete
  4. I love love love your shoes! The contrast of the simple, classy dress and the sparkly, vivacious pumps is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weddings! I heart weddings! So happy for you that you got to enjoy such a fab weekend in such fab shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, while clothes don't make the weekend, I have to agree with you that your choice in shoes can add to the overall fun. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, Dwija!

      Delete
  6. CUTE, CUTE CUTE!! Hey!! New to this meme and LOVING your style!!! Thanks for sharing, and inspiring!! I LOVE that look VERY much. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll have to go check out your blog =)

      Delete
  7. Those shoes are so FUN!!!! Not to mention they are an amazing accessory to the LBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tracy! I plan to wear them as much as possible for upcoming holiday things!

      Delete
  8. Love the LBD with the sparkly shoes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your outfit, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I accidentally forgot to include your thrifting link...you can count on it for this weekend =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...