Sunday, November 4, 2012

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 2: The His & Hers Edition

The ladies over at Fine Linen and Purple are hosting another weekly linkup of Mass outfit inspiration!  Head to their site to see more!
Hers: Coat and Shift Dress, Old Navy.  Necklace, Etsy.  Ballet Flats, Shoemint.  His: Sweater, H&M.  Jeans, Old Navy.  Coat, Gap.  Shoes, Target.

Andrew got in on the action this week.  His office building is right down the street from our church, so I tried to convince him it would be a good idea to take pictures inside, where it was warm and where there's this awesome marble staircase.  It was not to be.  First, his student ID wouldn't open the door (he stopped being a student back in May), so we were standing there talking when the door flew open and one of his coworkers walked out!  We were taken by surprise, to say the least.  Our angst continued once we were inside (we weren't going to let someone open the door and not take advantage of it, after all)--every distant footstep caused my husband to jump with nervousness, and to jump up and down, begging me to leave.  Lesson learned: do not attempt to use your husband's workplace, whereupon he may run into a colleague who could spy him male modeling, as a site for your photo shoots.

We did manage one good picture inside.  The one of our feet was taken at the bottom of the staircase!  We decided just to take our photos outside our house instead, which sounds normal, except that one of the stray cats who frequently roam our street (we have a cat-lady neighbor), we discovered, was quite camera hungry.  You can see him below, in what I like to call the "Outtakes" section.  Diva.





25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! Hope you had a lovely weekend =)

      Delete
  2. I <3 your outfits! Shop for me? Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only. Personal shopper is one of the top job possibilities for my fantasy life! Thanks so much, Kate!

      Delete
  3. Ehrmagherd. You guys er sooooor curte!

    Is that how you'd write it? I think so...

    Anyway. Neckalace= to die for and coat=covetable. In a very non-sinful way, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you! I tend to overuse "covet," and then have to qualify it, too!

      Delete
  4. Also, I do know how to spell "necklace", I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress! And tell your husband that modeling is awesome. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, he is too handsome just to stay behind the camera, in my opinion!

      Delete
  6. So cute. And I just read the description to your blog and I am swooning. Can't wait to do some exploring around your site!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, thank you so much! I'm glad you found my blog so I could find yours =)

      Delete
  7. You are the cutest! I adore that necklace! And the coat!

    Girl you're lucky we don't live close to each other...I would have to borrow them and NEVER give it back! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, for the past few weeks, as I've looked at all of the outfits in this linkup, I've felt the exact same way! If only there were a way to virtually share closets...I am constantly in awe of your thrift finds! The area I live in is pretty spare, as far as cute, quality secondhand stuff goes, so I always try to go shopping in other thrift stores when I go out of town.

      Delete
  8. I need the name of that Etsy shop - the necklace is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's my knockoff version of J. Crew's. I can't remember the name of the Etsy shop, but if you search for "bubble necklace," I'm sure you'll find plenty of choices =)

      Delete
  9. Great idea to share HIS style, too! Your necklace is beautiful!!!! You are a cutie couple, all put together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I wasn't sure if I was bending the rules with the man clothes, so it's nice to be affirmed! Although,you wouldn't believe how resistant Andrew was to all the posing! Who knows, given that fact, this might be a one-time appearance for him...

      Delete
  10. Love that you have a cat lady neighbor and love that the cats photo bomb ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you put it like that, it annoys me less! The cats seriously make me so nervous! I think if you give the last picture a second look, you'll see that the feline is clearly circling like a vulture in preparation for eating me =)

      Delete
  11. You the cutest! I LOVE that necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are adorable! (And that coat...drool.) Love the photobombing cat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just can't get on board with the cats...after a year and a half of sharing a neighborhood with them, we have not become friends!

      Delete
  13. I love your style and I love how your hubs got in on the action this week! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...