Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Spirit Rejoices: Sanctuary and It's Time

{sweet songs for your Mass and reception}



There's an image of Our Lady that I absolutely love, and just never tire of (you can see it here!).  It's called Our Lady of the Millenium and depicts a young Mary kneeling on the ground.  In my mind, the Annunciation has just taken place.  Her head is humbly bowed, and though I consider sometimes that she must have felt such uncertainty about (hello) having just been asked to bear the Son of God, and such concern for Joseph, her betrothed, her face radiates peace.  Mary's belly is glowing.  She is a tabernacle, a still, silent dwelling for the Lord, espoused completely to the Holy Spirit.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary...it's this image of our mother that comes to mind when I hear the song Sanctuary.  It speaks so wonderfully about the desire to let the Lord dwell within us, to decrease so that He might increase and that we might bear his face to the world.  The thought of a bride, "pure and holy, tried and true" becoming a holy vessel for earthly and divine love in marriage is beautiful to contemplate, don't you think?  You can listen to the song here.

There is nothing like a song with hand claps.  Nothing.  It's impossible to hear it and not feel happier, right?  I heard It's Time by Imagine Dragons on Pandora recently, and have been listening to it nonstop.  With an overwhelming sense of possibility, and lines like

The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell 
right to the top
Don’t look back,

I think this song would make for a perfect dance floor sing-along; a little slice of hopeful adventure that sheds light on the darkness.  You can listen to it here!

What do you think?  I'd love to hear your own favorite images or titles of the Blessed Mother.  And, tell me: what song do you think would get all your guests singing?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful reflection! I loved especially this part: She is a tabernacle, a still, silent dwelling for the Lord, espoused completely to the Holy Spirit. I will definitely remember what you said if/when baby #3 happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I love seeing her as an expectant mother!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...