Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Economy of Salvation: The Thriftiest Mrs.


{creative ways to save your pennies on the most expensive day of your life}



Two years ago when I lived near Philadelphia, I discovered a huge problem.  When I was surrounded by good thrift stores, I found, I was practically powerless not to buy tons of new clothes and decor.  As any serious thrifter will tell you, what you might find largely depends on the area, and I evidently lived in an area where people donated plenty of quality, stylish items that were like candy to me.  I had so much fun digging through different shops for bargains, though looking back, I question how much money I saved when I consider that multiple bargains do add up.

Regardless of my weakness, I just wanted to share the thrills of thrifting with you when it comes to your wedding!  From candlesticks to bolts of fabric to vintage books and jewelry, secondhand stores are like a treasure chest of pretty, and pretty cheap, resources you can use to decorate at your reception or even add to your wedding day ensemble.  I've seen a few nice consignment stores that have gorgeous, modern once-worn wedding gowns, even!  They're a far cry from those puffy-sleeved-and-skirted frocks covered with beads that you typically see in thrift store windows.  I think it's worth seeking them out!  You have nothing to lose, and who knows what kind of beauty you could uncover?

Do any of you enjoy thrifting as much as I do?  What special wedding things have you been on the lookout for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...