Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Feature! What I Wore Sunday, Volume 1

Shallow confession time: I love, love love reading fashion blogs, which maybe isn't such a bad thing, unless it makes me start to feel inadequate or puts me in an overly materialistic mood.  Luckily, Emily and Kendra over at Fine Linen and Purple have an answer to the negative attitudes that can creep into my mind when I go on clothes overload--their adorable blog, according to these ladies, is "where faith, fashion, and natural beauty meet," and they definitely deliver!  It's a collection of stylish advice and affirmation in who we are.  These women understand that beauty is a gift, one we naturally possess and not one we have to put on every day.  Recent posts of theirs have discussed makeup, dressing up for work, and Emily and Kendra's cute picks for shoes and sunglasses.

Best of all, Fine Linen and Purple is hosting a new weekly linkup, What I Wore Sunday, to put a new twist on style blogging--sharing your Sunday Mass outfit!  And so, without further ado...


What I Wore Sunday series, Sunday outfit, Mass outfit, preppy outfit inspiration, tartan, corduroy, J. Crew matchstick cords, penny loafers, Fine Linen and Purple, outfit linkup, Catholic fashion, Catholic wedding prep, Catholic marriage prep, Catholic wedding, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic wedding planning, Catholic bride
Buttondown: American Eagle.  Blazer: Target.  Belt: Forever 21.  Corduroys: J. Crew (on sale!).  Loafers: Shoemint.   Necklace: handmade.  Silver bead bracelet: Ralph Lauren (gift).  Silver monogram bracelet: DKM.
 
preppy outfit, fall outfit, striped oxford, tartan blazer, preppy, classic, J. Crew matchstick cords, corduroys, yellow pants, penny loafers, shoemint, monogram bracelet, rosary bracelet, pearls

Head over to the linkup to check out more Sunday outfit inspiration, and if you like what you see, follow their instructions to submit your own (you don't have to have a blog to do it)!

What do you think?  Too off-topic?  Too-yellow pants?  Would you enjoy seeing more What I Wore Sunday posts on Captive the Heart?  I'd love to hear what you think!


13 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! So glad you joined in the linkup, it's my favorite one of the week and I visit every single one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandi; I've loved seeing everyone else's outfits, too!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! Love the yellow pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much! My husband and I have an ongoing argument as to whether my love of colored pants is fun or ridiculous. I have to show him these comments and score some points for myself =)

      Delete
  3. You look fab! Love the bangle stacking action :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dwija, thank you! Your blog is hilarious, by the way =)

      Delete
  4. I gotta say, if somebody had told me that a woman could pull off a green plaid blazer, I would have said absolutely not. You proved that wrong...I'm amazed at your ability to envision this outfit and put this together! Thank you so so so much for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, well thank you kindly! Thank YOU ladies for hosting; I'm really looking forward to seeing all these posts each week!

      Delete
  5. You're adorable! I love the yellow pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caitlin; hope you're having a good week!

      Delete
  6. I love the yellow pants! Colored pants are on my fall buying list, but I haven't found any at a price I love yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems like most stores are clearing out their Fall items around now to get ready for Christmas wear, so maybe you'll have some luck =)

      Delete
  7. I LOVE fashion blogs too. They're one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I always look for inspiration... and often end up with, "hey, I could make that!" and never do. Blaaaah.

    ~Ink

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...