Friday, October 12, 2012

Birds Of A Feather, The Fall Edition


Back in April, I featured a collection of feathery, flowery, lovebird-inspired items.  Of course, birds aren't just springtime critters.  Now that the air's getting cooler and the days are getting shorter, I love the rich look of bigger, more dramatic feathers.  The colors are perfect for the season and they have such a grand but cozy feel about them.  My friend Becca dressed her bridesmaids in the most amazing one-shouldered, cobalt blue dresses and peacock feather accessories.  Everyone looked so stunning!    Whether you borrow deep teals and blues from a peacock or the more rustic look of patterned brown feathers, both of which I think you should dress up with some nice warm metallics, I think it's a look you'll be glad you flocked to (I know.  Sorry.).

1. Invitation, Minted  2. Boutonniere, Etsy  3. Clutch, Nordstrom  4. Dress, Target  5.  Feather Bouquet (source)  6. Pendant, Etsy  7. Dress, J. Crew Factory  8. Fascinator, Etsy  9. Nail Polish, Essie  10. Napkin Rings, Etsy

I'd love to hear what you think!  Would you add any of these aviary elements into your wedding mix?

Have a lovely weekend!



2 comments:

  1. GAH! I LOVE the fascinator. But, you know, I am a sucker for a good headpiece. The feather boutonniere is a great idea and I love the gold jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I thought of you when I picked it! So glad you like =) xo

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...