Friday, September 28, 2012

Love Notes: Dates and A Playlist for Fall


Christmas notwithstanding, I personally think this really is the most wonderful time of the year!  Sleeping with the windows open, feeling the cold air around me as I'm snuggled under blankets, consuming pumpkin in as many ways as possible, and driving past the fire-colored trees atop the mountains (they remind me of when Belle is running down the hill, singing, in Beauty and the Beast!) are some of my favorite feelings.  In celebration of crisp, crunchy-leafed Fall, I made you a playlist!  You already know how much I love music full of longing and hopeful brokenness.  I think it's even better when it's paired with plenty of slow strings, harmonies, and a briskness in the air.  Share it with your love while you play board games by candlelight or wrap up in a blanket to look at the stars and drink cider.

While I'm at it, may I suggest to you some of my favorite Fall dates?  Leaf jumping, homemade pumpkin spice lattes, hiking and stepping on leaves, apple picking, bread baking, finding your way through a corn maze, and a bike ride to the Farmers Market are all perfect in my book.  As I wrote this, I noticed most of these activities have to do with food and the outdoors.  There are far worse things.

What songs remind you of Fall, and how are you two celebrating the glory?

PS-  Stephanie and Michael are getting married tomorrow!  Join me in interceding for them, won't you?

3 comments:

  1. We made pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin scones the other day. Those two wonderful things with a backyard patio are glorious on a fall evening! And I can't wait to go leaf jumping! :D I can't wait to check out these songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these songs, I can't wait to check them out! We went on a date to the pumpkin patch last weekend and it was awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa--yes! Scones sound like such a delicious idea!!

    Emily--so glad you like! We just carved pumpkins this weekend, but alas, we could only get them at the grocery store...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...