Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inspired: Get Your Kicks

{wedding candy}

Our feet!  Natalie Franke Photography
Judging by all the super cute choices I've seen at my friend's weddings lately, gone are the days of clunky white bridal shoes, which I think is a great thing on so many levels.  Satiny white heels are so not easy to wear a second time, but what's more, it can be much cheaper to buy outside of a bridal shop, depending which route you choose, and shoes are such a fun way to add a little something extra to your ensemble!  Just because they'll be hidden beneath your dress for most of the day doesn't mean they don't matter, and it's definitely nice to capture a few foot shots on camera!  Here are my picks for a Fall or Winter wedding.  You can invest in a special pair you'll wear for years (I love those orange ballet flats!), sport cute and practical boots for cooler, wetter weather, play with patterns, add some sparkle, or draw from your wedding colors.  And of course, they'd make a lovely something blue!

1. Nordstrom  2. Urban Outfitters  3. Amazon  4. H&M  5. Sperry Top-Sider  6. Zappo's  7. Old Navy  8. J. Crew  9. Nordstrom  10. Target  11. Hunter

Do you have your wedding shoes picked out yet?  Which of these pairs is your favorite?

Oh, and since it may never come up again, I would just like to take this opportunity to say that I once participated in a chastity skit where newlyweds give each other a shoebox on their wedding night.  One box has a pristine, never-worn pair of white sneakers inside, and the other, well, stinks.  I think the symbolism is obvious, and ridiculous, here.  But hey, you can always start over, and if the shoe fits...



6 comments:

  1. I wore "blue jay" colored shoes on our wedding day. It's my favorite color, matched my bridesmaids' dresses, and reminded me of the Blessed Mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I've noticed your blue shoes in your pictures before, and now I'm glad to know the reasons why you picked them!

      Delete
  2. So, when I saw pair number 2 I wondered, "how did Steph get a picture of my shoes?" Almost exactly what I wore! :D Needless to say they are my favorite. I love color coordination with bridesmaids dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I thought of you when I picked them for this! They come in a few other colors, but I thought the rose was prettiest. I'm sure you'll agree =)

      Delete
  3. Just discovered this fun blog. =) I'm in wedding planning mode, so I've been perusing lots of them, but love that this is Catholic-style.

    I thought this post was great because I already had number 9 chosen for my August wedding, but in silver, as long as I don't find something else that works better. You can't go wrong with a little glitter, a bow, and the perfect heel height for all that wedding day action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found my blog, Mary! Congratulations!!

      The glitter heels were my favorite pair for this post! I am in complete and total agreement with you, and I bet they look fabulous in silver!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...