Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Inspired: Palm Wedding Day

{wedding candy}

Have you ever traveled somewhere and felt like you just fit right in?  A year and half ago, I had the blessing of traveling to Miami, Florida for work during the month of February.  February.  Gift!  So many things about the area felt perfectly after my own heart: mountains of Cuban-style rice, beans, and plantains (we eat a similar meal, minus the plantains, at least every week and a half--so delish and economical!), relaxed Latin music and culture (I was a Spanish major), gorgeous beaches with sparkly, turquoise water, spare, Mission-style chapels, and maybe best of all for me (call me shallow), a fashion sense that matched me perfectly.  The Palm Beach area near the city is an old resort town with style that I adore--think a bright, kind of kooky take on preppy country club staples, with lots of bold jewelry tossed in for good measure.  I love it!


Anyway, I've been thinking that a little Palm Beach style could bring the best classy, retro touch to a summer wedding.  Inspired by this gorgeous shot of Grace Kelly on vacation and this swanky hotel bar...
 ...here are my picks to bring some colorful fun to your celebration:

Bright patterns here, a ruffle there, some pearls, some wicker...and don't forget the perfect shades for your wedding party (click to enlarge)!


Clockwise from top left: Dresses, Emma Graham.  Starfish Earrings, Swell Caroline.  Necklace, Etsy.  Lilly Bowtie, Etsy.  Nail Polish in Tart Deco, Essie.  Sunglasses, Target.  Wicker Pattern Purse, J.C. Penney.       


Consider, also, investing in one or two pieces you can wear long after your big day--a cozy scarf, classic white sandals, and a stack of pretty enameled and jeweled bangles.  I love these:


Scarf, Lilly Pulitzer.  Sandals, Jack Rogers.  All Bangles, Bauble Bar.




What do you think?  Would you add any of these little touches to your big day?  They seem to me like they'd add a wonderful spirit of fun and just the right amount of whimsy into the mix.  Perfect for the bride who doesn't take herself too seriously!

PS- Happy Feast of the Assumption!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...