Friday, June 15, 2012

Inspired: Tie the Naut(ical)

{wedding candy}

Our Lady, Star of the Sea
Let me just say right off the bat that I am so, so excited to share this post with you.  Having grown up near the Chesapeake Bay and U.S. Naval Academy and having always dreamed of having a boat at some point in my life, I had a fantastic time collecting these ideas for you!  In fact, I wish I could've used them for my own wedding, except for the fact that my wedding was on a mountain and that I don't actually have a boat.  Add some nautical flair to your day by mixing a crisp pairing of white and navy with a bright shade, like gold or coral, or with a more muted tone like khaki or gray.  Toss in a few gold or brass-trimmed accessories, too!



Anchor Earrings, Swell Caroline.  Metallic Topsiders, Sperry.  Fabric Knot Cuff Links, J. Crew.  Patchwork Madras Tie, Lands End.  

Subtly pick up the theme in your stationary and decor with simple, graphic statements-  did you know, for instance, that an anchor traditionally symbolizes hope and safety?  Keep everything shipshape, rather than beachy, with just a touch of stripes, nautical flags, and rope accents (click to enlarge):

Navy Stars and Stripes Invitations, Minted.  Rope bracelet favors, Etsy.

Do you love all of these as much as I do?!  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...