Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Economy of Salvation: Dead Center

{creative ways to save your pennies on the most expensive day of your life}

Long before I got engaged or even had my first boyfriend, I was no stranger to The Knot and the occasional bridal magazine.  And yet, by the time I was actually planning my wedding, I still discovered dozens of things I'd never even heard of, all of which suddenly seemed essential to me: letterpress, chair sashes, programs with ribbon binding, and...centerpieces?  In hindsight, I realize I was absolutely mental to even consider half of that stuff, but one thing there's not much getting around is centerpieces.  They're not required, by any means (I mean, it's your wedding), but a little pretty on each of your reception tables can set a nice mood and add a lot to the room.

I swear, sometimes Pinterest and craft sites just slay me.  First they lure you in with pretty things, then they kill your self-esteem when you realize you will never have the talent, money, or resources to make most of them.  But, I will stand by the fact that it doesn't take a lot of cash or fancy materials to decorate your tables.  If you don't believe me (I'd be skeptical myself, probably, after flipping through so many glossy, perfect magazines), check out these pretty, and pretty cheap, ideas:


Tea lights are affordable and so pretty.  Float them with a few blossoms and you're set!  Big vases and tiny candles are great dollar store finds.


For you literary gals, old books from secondhand stores or your own shelves create a fantastic vintage display, don't you think?  I love how the flowers in this picture look like you could've just picked them from the yard.  Fresh blooms, repurposed jars, and found branches are such great accents to the books.


If you're serving desserts other than cake, let them do double duty by displaying them on each table.  It makes for easy self-service, too!


Okay, I know Christmas is months away, but I couldn't resist!  Simple, bright bulbs, which you can buy in bulk, add a perfect bit of festivity and color.

What do you think?  Do you have centerpieces planned out yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...