Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Economy of Salvation: A Perfect Ten

{creative ways to save your pennies on the most expensive day of your life}

It's a universal truth: at your reception, practically every woman you invited will ask to see that sweet new wedding band.  Add that to picture-taking, and your hands will constantly be on display throughout the day.  Another truth, though, is that manicures are expensive.  I'm aware that I'm going out on a limb here, but I actually prefer to do my own nails.  There's less pressure if you chip one, your house smells way better than a chemical-filled salon, and you can watch a movie or something while they dry.  And, of course, it's way cheaper than shelling out for a fresh coat of paint every week or two.  Beauty-related wedding stuff like makeup, new perfume, and even extra bobby pins adds up fast, so it can't hurt to save some cash wherever you can.  Get together with your bridesmaids right before your big day and do those digits yourself.  Check out these pretty picks:



Sally Hansen Salon Manicure, Pink Slip, wedding day nail colors, wedding day manicure ideas, wedding nail polish, Catholic wedding, Catholic mariage prep, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic wedding planning, Catholic bride
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure in Pink Slip
  See?  Even the name of this polish tells you you can do a salon-worthy job all by yourself.  I think I've got the basics down, but when it comes to any advanced nail-related talents, I'm a total kindergartner.  My hand, for example, has never been steady enough to wield one of those French manicure paint pens.  I bought this color on a whim last summer, right before my own wedding, and was happily surprised to find out it somehow turned my nails a nice pale pink while whitening the tips.  It was just like a French, but without the frustration!


OPI Italian Love Affair, OPI light pink, wedding day nail colors, wedding day manicure ideas, wedding nail polish, Catholic wedding, Catholic mariage prep, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic wedding planning, Catholic bride
OPI in Italian Love Affair
 Well first of all, there's the name (I am a total consumer sucker for names like this.  When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a crayon and makeup color namer).  Second of all, this is a nice opaque, cotton candy sort of pink with just a tiny bit of shimmer.  Beautiful!


Essie, A Crewed Interest, Essie light peach nail color, wedding day nail colors, wedding day manicure ideas, wedding nail polish, Catholic wedding, Catholic mariage prep, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic wedding planning, Catholic bride
Essie in A Crewed Interest

If you're more of a peach than pink sort of girl, this shade looks like such a gorgeous choice.  It reminds me of a seashell in the nicest way.


Essie, Anniversary Gala, Essie light pink, Essie light pink shimmer, wedding day nail colors, wedding day manicure ideas, wedding nail polish, Catholic wedding, Catholic mariage prep, Catholic wedding blog, Catholic wedding planning, Catholic bride
Essie in Anniversary Gala

And, if you want something a little more sparkly, I think a great, glimmery pink like this one looks fresh and classy.

There's one more good thing about doing your own wedding day mani!  Since you get to keep the polish, you'll always have a great memory to associate the color with every time you reuse it.  So special.





2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't give up on that hope just yet! My mom still says she wants x job when she grows up--and she has four kids.

    Also being a colour-namer would be awesome. OPI has some hilarious colour names (Mom found a flourescent pink, years ago, called "Oh Cabana Boy") but I've discovered that a much-cheaper brand called Spoiled (which is all made in US, by the way) also has some great ones. Like a deep purply red called "I Don't Drink Cheap Wine." (My current classy favourite, with a close second in a brighter red called "Pick Your Poison.")

    ~Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Cheap wine..." I love it! I'll have to check out the line! Thanks for the recommendation, and for telling me to keep the dream alive =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...