Friday, February 3, 2012

A Reflection of Her Mission


Archbishop Fulton Sheen wrote, "The mission of the woman is a reflection of the mission of Mary, who defined herself as 'the handmaid of the Lord.'  Mary renders captive the heart of man to deliver him over to her Divine Son.  The woman who rules by love manifests this dependence on her husband, so that the flesh might tell, in feeble babblings, what the Spirit speaketh in the Word."


So, you’re engaged!  Now what?  Far be it from me to profess that I know everything about loving perfectly.  To imitate Our Lady in loving a man and pointing him straight at her Son is one of the tallest, most desirable orders on earth.  Six months into married life, however, I somehow remain as crazy about weddings as ever. I’m convinced that with a lot of grace, wedding planning can be both practical and spiritual, which is where this blog comes in.  As I readied for my wedding day, there were so many times I wished for a candid, faithful resource for Catholic brides-to-be.  I knew I was not, most likely, the only one stressed out, but I still wondered often about everyone else's approaches to marriage prep, planning a nuptial Mass, and, of course, pulling off a stylin’ celebration while maintaining focus on the sacrament of marriage all day long.  And so, ladies, this is for you.  Combining my longtime passions for writing and crafts, I aim to provide you with wedding inspiration, reading suggestions, spiritual reflection, ideas for planning a dreamy day without breaking the bank, DIY projects, and ways to show your love.  It’s my hope that this little project of mine can become a community for you and a source of creativity and insight beyond just color palettes and seating charts. Your ideas and stories will help me do it.  I’d love to know what’s on your mind during this amazing time of purification and preparation in your life! And off we go...

What would you like to see on Captive the Heart?
 
Next up: Some heartfelt February inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...